The Filbeck-Cann & King Funeral Home has long been a landmark for the families of Marshall County and surrounding communities. Breaking ground in 1936 with teams of mules and horses, Fred Filbeck used wood from his own farm to build the structure directly on the courthouse square. It was an impressive building for the time, and the Tribune-Democrat , the area's newspaper at the time the facility was built, called it “a monument to Mr. & Mrs. Filbeck and their work.”
Over the years, we’ve made many improvements to Fred’s initial design, adding a chapel in 1947, and continually updating our technology, equipment, and professional knowledge.
We’ve worked hard to preserve the warm traditional feeling of comfort and grace. From the lobby to the chapel to the private gathering rooms, Filbeck-Cann & King is a place where family and friends can come together to share support and remembrances.